Thursday, February 18, 2010

I need a Cupcake that won't make me fat...

Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T
working on my colors. I primed the panels first with gesso, and acrylic ground for pastels. After that dried I scrubbed in some titan buff then painted the background in various tones of green and turquoise. I decided to add something sweet to the base color(I have been craving cupcakes from the Lemon Grove bakery), something that does not require a lot of thought or heavy feeling- just pure enjoyment.Like the empty calories in a cupcake.
Speaking of small cakes my 43rd birthday is approaching. On that day I will not only have cupcakes but a glass of wine. I have been very strict with fat, sugar, caffeine and alcohol in my diet since I discovered that I have gallstones in my gallbladder. They have conveniently settled in a sensitive area and anytime I eat anything with too much fat or sugar etc.. I end up feeling terrible. It's just not worth it. I have been eating non irritating foods and for now am controlling the problem through diet. As a result I am losing weight which is something I have been yoyo'ing since Nicolas was born two years ago. I wont complain.

I had a class yesterday with Nadia. I am teaching her some basics on how to draw and paint. We will also do some mixed-media. She is eight years old and adorable. Last year for Halloween she was Amelia Earhart complete with plane. Her mother hand made the entire costume using card board, paint and cut up water jugs.She painted it a shiny red, It truly looked like a vintage Lockheed Vega that Amelia flew in. I will have to get a copy of the picture and post it later. SO creative.

1 comment:

  1. Your cupcake is adorable! I love the colors you used. I hope you feel better and can enjoy your birthday cake!

    ReplyDelete