Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Long Tall Skinny Journal

I completed the LTS and what fun it was to make. I used some corrugated card board for the covers, glued down vintage French grammar pages and painted over them with Golden's Fluid acrylics. I will add text, some images and more paint to the covers next but I am enjoying it plain. It measures 14" x 5" and has 20 pages of heavy watercolor paper inside.

Jenny Doh the former editor at Somerset Studios has been spreading the words "Art Saves" on her blog, Cresendoh (http://jennydoh.typepad.com/crescendo/)I love this message and its multi-layered meaning. I think of the millions of times that I have said to myself: just get through the workday and you can get back to that painting or just get the baby to bed and you can go to the studio and make those cards with the new stamps you just bought. Art has brought balance into my life and a place where I can be myself and express my viewpoint. It saves me daily.
On another level Art not only saves, but heals those who have suffered from trauma or sickness. Colorful expression, journaling, drawing, collaging helps patients recovering from cancer see the light in the midst of their darkness. Although their bodies are sick their minds are strong and coping with their illness. Art helps this process.
Jenny Doh raised 250K at CHA with the help of fellow Artists who donated their time, money and work. I want to be apart of saving people through Art.
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

No comments:

Post a Comment